Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wedgits - One of the coolest toys ever!

How many of you have ever heard of Wedgits? Well, I can honestly tell you that I had never heard of them until my daughter Peanut went to preschool at a new school last year. I was helping out at the Halloween party toy table (I'm not artistic enough to do the facepainting table!) and I saw these strange shaped building toys. There was a constant flow of kiddos to my table to play with these unique toys. While I really wanted to try them out, I didn't think it would be right to take them away from the 4 year olds just to satisfy my own curiosity, so I waited patiently. When circle time came and all of the munchkins were otherwise occupied I was free to play - so I did! What a fun toy! I've always liked building toys, but these really take the cake. The way that they are weighted allows you to build up, down, and side to side - in ways you wouldn't expect. They were such fun that I immediately came home and looked up their website http://www.wedgits.com/ Unfortunately, like most building toys, they are a little bit pricey. So, I've been waiting patiently until I am able to find them on sale (or win some!). I've yet to see a sale on Wedgits, but I did finally come across a giveaway for them here http://www.moodymamasays.com/giveaways/glamma-toys-review-giveaway/ THANK YOU moodymamasays and Glamma toys! This may finally be my chance to get the girls some Wedgits.

Note: Though now that I've seen the Glamma toys site I have to admit that those CitiBlocs looks pretty cool too. Now I need to find someplace where I can try those out. Maybe Pumpkin's preschool will get a set of those I can play with! :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment