Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nutella - You've heard of it, but have you tried it?

I've seen Nutella around for quite a while now.  It sits on the shelves near the traditional peanut butter.  However, I never felt like trying it.  It was just a little too brown.  It just didn't look right.  Now, my question is . . . Why didn't anyone tell me that it was brown because of the COCOA?!   Yep, you heard me right.  Nutella is a hazelnut spread made with skim milk and cocoa.   Now, I'm going to be completely honest.  Nutella has a very unique flavor.  It is actually very difficult for me to describe.   Personally, I really enjoyed the taste.  My oldest daughter, Peanut (who ironically doesn't really like peanut butter), loves it.  The other day when Doc wasn't coming home for dinner, we decided that toast and fruit would make an acceptable meal.  Peanut asked for Nutella on her toast.  Pumpkin, on the other hand, loves peanut butter, and really doesn't care for Nutella.

After trying Nutella for the first time, I was so excited to be able to share my new discovery with all of my family and friends thanks to MommyParties and BSMmedia.  I was really surprised at the number of people that hadn't tried it.  (Though I did have some that had tried it before.)  One mom said that she might just open up her sample and eat it with her fingers on the way home, she loves it so much.  Another mom texted me the following night to tell me that her daughter was eating Nutella on crackers as her evening snack.  A third mom had intended to give her sample to her daughters, but ended up grabbing it and a slice of bread on her way to work.  She had been running late and wouldn't have gotten breakfast otherwise.   It seems to be a big hit for both moms and kids!

Overall, Nutella went over really well with my family and friends.  So I definitely recommend that you give it a try. If you do want to try it, be sure to go to the RedPlum website to print your $1.00 off coupon.   After you try it, if you find out that you really love it, then be sure to go to the Nutella website and enter to win a case.  I know I did!

*Disclaimer - All thoughts and opinions are my own.  I received a party kit from MommyParties, BSMmedia and Nutella which includes samples to give to family and friends.  I did not receive any compensation in exchange for this post or the party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment