Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Sweet" Easter Treats

One thing my kids don't need . . . CANDY!
Another . . . Toys (especially cheap junky ones).
A third . . . Clothes!  (Grandma loves clothes shopping for my monkeys and spoils them like crazy.)

So, what should I get them to put in their Easter baskets?  I've been scouring the web to find some new ideas and haven't come up with too much.  As of right now, I think their baskets will include:
  • Books - They also have TONS of books already, but at least they are at an age where they read them over and over.  Besides, I can't ignore the educational value.  :o)
  • Piggy Paint - My girls love having their nails painted, but I can't help but worry that they end up eating too much of the polish.  Since Piggy Paint is non toxic, it just makes me feel a little more comfortable with their painted nails.  Right now I can't decide between Little Chick, Beach Bum, and Sea Princess gift sets though.
  • Barbie Clothes - My girls have too many Barbies to count, but they do love them and play with them nearly every day.  Unfortunately, most of the clothes that came with the dolls are starting to tear or fall apart.  The clothes that are in good shape are not very appropriate (IMHO).   When I've looked in stores, I haven't really found much that I have thought was cute, appropriate, and would last.  However, I've recently seen Barbie clothes on etsy that are much more modest and absolutely adorable.  I haven't ordered yet, so I can't speak for the quality, but it has to be better than the mass produced products in stores.   There are lots of sellers on etsy, but I personally like the look of the dresses from TheDesigningRose the best.
What are you including in your kids' Easter Baskets?

*Disclaimer:  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  I am not affiliated with Piggy Paint or TheDesigningRose.  I did not receive any compensation for this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment