Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Perfectly Shaped Burgers - Easy as Pie

Living on the lake, we get lots of visitors in the spring, summer and fall.  When people come to visit, they don't want to spend time inside preparing and eating meals if the weather is nice.  They would much rather be outside.  That is why we grill more often than not when the temperatures start to rise.

We grill everything that we can.  Hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, chicken, steak, potatoes, corn, pizza . . .  (If you have a good recipe for something grilled, then please share.  We'd love to try it!)  I do have to admit that my least favorite thing to grill is a hamburger.  The reason that I don't like to grill them is that they are too hard to form.  Too often my burgers are too fat in the middle.  That means that either the edges will be burnt or the middle won't be done enough for my liking.

So, I promised the girls that we could grill tonight for dinner before softball practice.  Pumpkin wants a hot dog and Peanut wants a hamburger.  I've spent part of this afternoon preparing for dinner.  I chopped the lettuce for the salad, made some potato salad (thanks for the instructions Mom!), made iced tea for myself, and decided to form the burgers.

While I was procrastinating, I decided to search how to make a hamburger.  I thought I'd run across some new combination of seasonings that would make an amazing burger that I'd have to try.  Instead, I came across another blogger who posted that she forms her burgers using lids.  LIDS!!!  Why didn't I think of that?  So, I grabbed my meat, plastic wrap, and lids of two different sizes and I formed burgers -  perfectly shaped, even in thickness, gorgeous burgers.   Now I can't wait for the kids to get home so we can grill them!  I'll let you know how they turn out. . .



Question:  Did everyone already know about this?  If so, why didn't anyone tell me???

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that the bottom picture is sideways . . . I have no idea how to fix it. Sometimes I'm so tech challenged.

    ReplyDelete