Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What I Love Wednesday - Worry Dolls



Peanut is a worrier.

On Monday night she couldn't sleep.  She was worried about school on Tuesday.  She worries that her "friend" will be mean to her (which is actually pretty likely).  She came out into the living room with tears in her eyes, afraid to go to sleep, knowing that when she did morning would come faster and she'd have to go to school.

I told her to give her worries to her worry dolls to take away while she slept.  Then I filled her ears with "I love you"s so that no other thoughts could fit between them, and sent her to bed.

About 30 minutes later I went in to check on her and she was sleeping soundly.

Now, if only those worry dolls could make me stop worrying about her . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment