Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Do You Hear What I Hear? - Train's Bulletproof Picasso



The weather is changing.  It feels like fall outside.  I've had to trade in my shorts and tank tops for jeans and sweaters.  With the new season comes new activities, new moods, and new experiences.  All of the music that we listened to on the boat or at the beach just doesn't seem appropriate for soccer practice, homework, "fall" cleaning, and running 5Ks.  Rather than listen to "feel good" music, I'm now in the mood for something with a bit more substance. 

Train has brought that substance in the Bulletproof Picasso album that will be released today, September 16, 2014.  Overall, an upbeat album with deeper emotional feeling than some our favorite summer songs, Bulletproof Picasso has songs that I can listen to on repeat.   To get a glimpse of the style and tone of the songs, take a listen to the title track, Bulletproof Picasso:



While I love the song, Bulletproof Picasso, the album is filled with even more songs that I can connect with on some level.   Don't Grow Up So Fast is a beautiful slower song that makes me think of my children and their race to be "older" than they already are.   Wonder What You're Doing For The Rest of Your Life is a very peppy pop-style song.  It is the kind of song I can dance to in my kitchen with the kiddos on dance-party evenings. In fact, I don't know that I could pick a song that I didn't enjoy on this album.

If you have previously enjoyed other songs by Train, like Hey Soul Sister,  Drops of Jupiter, and Drive By, then I am pretty confident that you'll love this new album too.  

If you want to order this album, head over to iTunes or Amazon.  (At the time of this posting it looks like the price is $7.99 at iTunes and $9.99 on Amazon.)

  * iTunes: http://smarturl.it/bulletproofpicasso
  * Amazon: http://smarturl.it/bulletproofpicassoAM

*Disclosure:  I participated in the Train Bulletproof Picasso album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment