Wednesday, Peanut will be singing in her Christmas program. It is expected that both sets of Grandparents will be in attendance as well as Auntie Em. While it isn't a big crowd by any means, I still have hostess guilt that makes me feel like I have to have homemade goodies for our visitors to enjoy. You may recall that we did most of our holiday baking over Thanksgiving weekend. However, MyBlogSpark sent me Chex cereal and a Kroger gift card recently, and I couldn't let that go to waste. As soon as I saw the recipe for Chex Muddy Buddies on the Rice Chex box, I knew I had to make it with the girls.
9 cups Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, or Chocolate Chex Cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside
- In 1-qt microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2 gallon resealable food storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
While this "in progress" picture doesn't do it any justice, I just have to say that the mix is delicious! Hopefully it lasts until Wednesday. If not, I'll be heading to Kroger to get more supplies. Luckily, Chex is on sale at our Kroger until December 25th, so it won't cost me too much to replace it. (Just an FYI - As soon as I saw this recipe I knew it looked familiar. It is very similar to a mix we called "People Chow" that was made with Golden Grahams instead of Chex.)
In addition to this recipe Chex has oodles of others as well available on their website. From Buffalo Chex Mix to Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch, you're bound to find something you'd like to try. They have sweet, salty, gluten-free, and 15 minute recipes on the site.
Who wants to win a great prize pack from Chex, Kroger, and MyBlogSpark? The prize pack will include a Kroger gift card and some Chex to make your own recipes.
Here's what you have to do to win (mandatory):
- Look at the Chex website and tell me which recipe you'd most like to try.
- Follow me on twitter (leave your twitter name)
- Like me on facebook (leave your initials)
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (leave your username)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You may do this once daily. Be sure to include @rmgm #myblogspark and a link to this post (leave a link to your tweet)
- Only open to US residents
- Winner will be chosen using random.org
- Giveaway ends 11:59pm ET on December 27, 2010
- Include your email address in your comment if it is not available on your profile page. If an email address in not in the comment or on your profile page another winner will be chosen. I will not contact you through Twitter or Facebook.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
- Prizes will be sent directly from the sponsor. I am not responsible for prizes that are lost or damaged during shipment. If you win a prize and do not receive it, please let me know.