Thursday, April 28, 2011

I just got FLASHED . . .

and it made my day!

No, silly!  Not that kind of flash.

An oncoming driver briefly turned his headlights on and off indicating that a police officer was ahead trying to catch someone speeding.  Even though I wasn't speeding at the time (I did look down at my speedometer and check just to be sure), I did think it was a nice gesture.   There are occasions, as a driver, where I may or may not have found myself to be driving faster than I had intended.  I definitely think that a friendly headlight flashing reminder is much nicer to receive than the red and blue flashing reminder that you might otherwise get. 

So, to that flasher, and all others, THANK YOU!  (Be careful though.  Did you know that it is illegal to do that in some states?  Fortunately, my state doesn't appear to be one of them.  Make sure you check out your local laws.  I don't want to be accused of encouraging illegal activity.  As a mom -aka example for two young girls- and the daughter of a police officer, I'm all for being a law-abiding citizen.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment