Last October, Carmex contacted me for the first time about reviewing their new line of Skin Care Lotions and Creams. At that time I had nothing but great things to say about their product. I loved the smell, the non-greasy feel, and the moisturizing qualities. It was a product that I liked using in the fall and even into the winter. Whether it was just the Carmex or the severity of the winter, I can't be sure, but I can say that I did NOT experience the cracking on my hands that I normally experience during the winter months.
Flash forward to this October. Carmex again contacted me and sent me their Healing Lotion and Cream to try and review. I was thrilled. I loved it last winter, and was looking forward to using it again this winter. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective), the weather has been pretty mild so far this fall. The heat hasn't been on much at all and my skin hasn't experienced any significant dryness. Because of that, I haven't used the products too extensively yet. However, the experiences I have had with the lotion have all been positive.
Pumpkin, my youngest daughter, has been using the Carmex Healing Lotion after her showers. She tends to have very dry and somewhat sensitive skin. So far, this product seems to be enough to stop her from itching her irritated skin. While she hasn't said anything about the smell of the product, I still love it! The other night after her bath, we were cuddling together while we said our prayers and I noticed the scent. It isn't overpowering, but it is definitely a "warm" scent. I love that it isn't a floral or fruity scent. While those are great for the summer months, I prefer something warmer for the winter months. The smell of Carmex lotion reminds me of cuddling in front of a fire while cookies bake in the kitchen. It is a familiar smell, a nostalgia smell, and a smell that says "comfort" to me.
Do you have dry skin? Have you tried Carmex Healing Lotion and Cream? Would you like to? I'm curious to see if you will have the same success I have had with it. I know that some people really don't like the smell/taste of Carmex Lip Balms. I wonder what you will think of the smell of the Carmex Skin Care products. If you would like to try these products, then this might just be your lucky day. One reader will win the same kit that I received to facilitate this review. It includes a full size lotion, a full size cream, a small size lotion, and a small size cream. The full size products retail for around $5.99 and should be available at Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart.
Here's what you have to do to enter:
Mandatory Entry: What is your favorite Carmex product? If you don't have a favorite, tell me what you are most excited to try. Leave me a comment. Be sure to include your email address if it is not visible in your profile.
Optional Extra Entries:
- Like me on facebook. Post your initials in the comments.
- Follow me on Twitter. Post your username in the comments.
- Tweet about this giveaway using @rmgm and #carmex Post a link to your tweet here. This can be done once daily.
- Follow me publicly via Google Friend Connect and post a comment with your username.
- Only open to US residents
- Winner will be chosen using random.org
- Giveaway ends 11:59pm ET on December 5, 2011
- Include your email address in your comment if it is not available on your profile page. If an email address in not in the comment or on your profile page another winner will be chosen.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
- Prizes will be sent directly from the sponsor. I am not responsible for prizes that are lost or damaged during shipment. If you win a prize and do not receive it, please let me know