Just this morning, Pumpkin was complaining that the back of her knee hurt. This is a frequent complaint of hers, as she has very dry skin. Since I was just thinking about writing my review of the new Carmex Healing Lotions and Creams, they were sitting nearby. (I don't use new products directly on her skin until she's been exposed to them through contact with me first. She has fairly sensitive skin and has exhibited some allergic reactions in the past. Since I've been using these products for about two weeks now, I figured she would be fine to use it as well.) I grabbed the Carmex Healing Cream, put a dollop on her leg and rubbed it in.
Pumpkin - "Mmmmm!"
Me - "Does that feel good?"
Pumpkin - "It smells good!"
My thoughts exactly! I can't tell you how much I love the smell of these new Carmex products. They smell very similar to the original jar (so if you don't like the original smell, you might not like this). It is a warm smell that reminds me of the beach for some reason. It is part coconut, part cookie, part something I can't quite put my finger (or nose) on. The smell is good - strong but not overwhelming. However, when I get in the shower the next day, I can smell it all over again. Mmmmmmm!
While the smell of a lotion is important to me, it is definitely not the most important quality of the product. Like Pumpkin, I also have very dry skin during the winter months. Having children has made it worse, since I now find myself washing my hands 2-3x as often as I used to. While this product hasn't faced the ultimate winter test yet, I have to say that so far I really like it. I use it daily on my legs, arms and abs (They say that having moisturized abs make your stomach look tighter). I definitely feel moisturized, but without feeling greasy or slimy. The lotion absorbs into my skin and doesn't make me feel like I need to wash my hands after applying it. I'm definitely curious to see if it can keep my hands from cracking as the weather gets even colder and drier.
So far, if someone were to ask me if I would recommend the new Carmex Healing Lotion and/or Cream, I would not hesitate to say "Yes!" After two weeks, I can't think of a negative comment to share, and trust me, I've tried. When I post a review, I always like to give both sides so that people know that I am being honest and open about my entire opinion. The fact that Carmex specifically asked for honest feedback detailing what we liked and what we didn't like makes me like the company even more.
Would you like to try the new Carmex Healing Lotion and Cream for yourself?
As I mentioned here, Carmex has given me the opportunity to host a giveaway for the exact same product kit that I received to facilitate this review (ARV $52.32).
Here's what you have to do to win (mandatory):
- Tell me your current favorite Carmex Product or the product you'd most like to try (if you aren't currently a Carmex user). Be sure to leave your email address in your comment if it isn't visible on your profile.
- Follow Carmex on twitter (leave your twitter name)
- Follow me on twitter (leave your twitter name)
- Like Carmex on facebook (leave your initials)
- Like me on facebook (leave your initials)
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (leave your username)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You may do this once daily. Be sure to include @rmgm @CarmexLipBalm #carmex and a link to this post (leave a link to your tweet)
- Only open to US residents
- Winner will be chosen using random.org
- Giveaway ends 11:59pm ET on November 8, 2010
- Include your email address in your comment if it is not available on your profile page. If an email address in not in the comment or on your profile page another winner will be chosen. I will not contact you through Twitter or Facebook.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
- Prizes will be sent directly from the sponsor. I am not responsible for prizes that are lost or damaged during shipment. If you win a prize and do not receive it, please let me know.