Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Empty Gas Tank

Let me tell you just a little bit about us.
  • We live in the middle of nowhere. 
  • Gas stations are few are far between. 
  • The gas stations we do have certainly aren't open 24 hours.  
All of those are the reasons why I try to make sure that I always have enough gas in the car I drive most often.  Which makes me wonder . . . Why is it that when I got in the car today to take Peanut to school, the low fuel level light popped on almost instantly?

The answer to that question is - Doc and I don't have the same stance on gas.  Doc is a man of efficiency.  He doesn't like to take time out to get gas until he is on empty.  I like to fill up any time I'm near Kroger (to get $0.20 off per gallon) or anytime the needle hits (or is close to) the 1/4 line.  You'd think after 10 years of marriage we would have come to an understanding on this matter.  We haven't.  Though I've fortunately never run out of gas.  He does make sure that there is enough to get to the nearest gas station.

To be fair, I'm sure I am still doing things he's asked me to stop doing (or not doing things he's asked me to do) for the past 10 years as well.  Why is it so hard to change our ways?

1 comment:

  1. LOL - poor kid. ;) You need to turn the car over to HIM when it's on E a few times. Hopefully, he'll actually MAKE it to the gas station. OR - call him at work next time this happens and say "Honey? You didn't fill up the tank. Now I'm stuck on the side of the road, out of gas. Can you please bring me some?"
    ~guilly

    ReplyDelete