Thursday, October 14, 2010

What is your worst table manners mishap?

I don't know about the rest of you, but table manners mishaps abound in our house.  Our worst mishap was probably one Thanksgiving at my in-laws when someone unknowingly gave Pumpkin baked beans.  Pumpkin hates baked beans.  Now, Pumpkin and Peanut are both good at trying new things and even washing down food with a quick drink of water.   That wasn't always the case.    She took a taste, then immediately gagged all over her plate to the shock of the entire family.  It was pretty disgusting.

To be honest, I have no one to blame but myself for most of our mishaps.  (I don't even know how to properly set a table.)  My girls are exceptional with "please" and "thank you", but they are really messy.  Even at 4 and 6, I think half of their food ends up on the floor after every meal.  They don't throw their food (which is surprising since Doc loves to show off his ability to toss grapes, popcorn, etc into the air and catch it with his mouth), but they still have a hard time getting it in their mouths.  Maybe it all started when I used to take pictures of the girls all messy after a meal as babies.

Isn't a spaghetti covered face (and socks) just adorable though?!

Maybe I started letting them feed themselves (and each other) too early?

Regardless of the cause, we need help with our table manners, which is why I'll be at the Barber Foods Table Manners Twitter Party tonight from 7:30-9:00pm ET.  If you have time, you should join us.  There are even some great prizes you could win!

Barber Foods

*Disclaimer - I am receiving extra entries into the prize pool for posting this information.

1 comment: