The picture you saw is a picture from our recent trip to Niagara Falls. There is a tight rope walker, Jay Cochrane, that walks from the Skylon Tower to the Hilton Hotel every night, weather permitting. Here are a few facts about him and his walk that I find especially interesting:
- Jay Cochrane is 68 years old
- He walks without a tether or net
- He walks approximately 1300 feet
- He is approximately 581 feet in the air
- It takes him about 1/2 hour to make the walk
Even after that terrible fall, he does not seem to have any fear. He continues to do what he loves. He walks the tight rope and gives generously to children's charities.
His story makes me think . . .
What would I be doing differently if I lived my life without fear?
Do you live your life without fear?