Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I Love Wednesday - Sisterly Love

Peanut and Pumpkin have been known to fight (daily).  However, when push comes to shove, I love that they look out for each other.  

Recently Peanut received an invitation to a party at the local pool.

Pumpkin:  Can I go too?
Me:  No.  Sorry, but the invitation was only for Peanut.
Peanut:  If Susie's mom says Pumpkin can come, can she?
Me:  Of course.  If she mentions it, then Pumpkin can go too.

Two days later I receive an email from Susie's mom telling me that Susie is looking forward to having Peanut at the party.  She also mentions that Pumpkin is more than welcome to attend to.  At first, I think nothing of it.  The girls are only 17 months apart in age, so parents often include both in invitations.  Then, it occurs to me that Peanut might have said something to Susie.

Me:  Did you said something to Susie about Pumpkin coming to the party?
Peanut:  Yes.  I asked her to ask her mom if Pumpkin could come too.
Me:  You can't just invite people to someone else's party.
Peanut:  Why not?  You said she could go if it was okay, and I want her to come too.
Me:  It just isn't polite.  

While it isn't polite, it was just so thoughtful that I had to smile.  Even now, every time I look over and see them playing together, it makes me happy.  My children aren't perfect, but they are kind.  They love each other - and that is something that I absolutely love!




2 comments:

  1. That's really sweet! My son and daughter usually get along pretty nicely. My son brought his little sister a toy to play with. It was so sweet of him till I realized he was just making sure she wouldnt come and touch his train set he was playing with ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I've had some experiences with kindness with ulterior motives myself. I have to appreciate the genuinely good moments though.

      Delete