Monday, May 24, 2010

National Foster Care Month

Did you know that May is National Foster Care Month? I actually had no idea until I received an email from Global Influence asking me and other bloggers to spread the word about this important issue. While I don't have a tremendous amount of experience with foster care and adoption, it is something that I've been curious about for quite a while. While teaching, I had a colleague who was a foster parent. We ate lunch together most days, so I was able to hear about her struggles and successes with the foster care system. Eventually, she was able to adopt two of the children that she had originally taken in as foster children. Her children were smart, talented, amazing children that deserved a life that was so much better than they had. While it is true that she is a generous person with a huge heart, talking to her and watching her eyes light up when she spoke of her children made me realize that she felt just as blessed as they did.

If you have ever considered becoming a foster parent or adopting, this is the month to take that first step to gather more information. Below you will find some information that Global Influence has given me to pass on to you.
Disclaimer: All information was provided by Global Influence. I did not receive any compensation for this post at the time of the posting, however an incentive may be provided at a later time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment