Sunday, October 7, 2012

Freschetta's The Strength of 1 Campaign



It is October, which means that it is breast cancer awareness month.  Because of that, you will see pink just about everywhere you look.  From yogurt tops to cracker boxes and car ads, pink is the color of the month.  To be completely honest, the pinkness overwhelms me a bit.  I don't know which organizations are for profit and which are non-profit.  I have a hard time figuring out who is genuinely concerned with awareness, and who is trying to take advantage of people and their generosity.  So, I try to stick with supporting companies that I'm familiar with.   So, when I saw that Freschetta was sponsoring Bright Pink, I was interested to learn more.

Now through the end of October, 2012, the makers of Freschetta® pizza are helping to promote breast cancer awareness through their new The Strength of 1™ campaign, which includes sponsoring Bright Pink, the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, while providing support to high-risk individuals. The mission of this The Strength of 1™ initiative is to inspire everyone to realize they can make a difference in some way in the fight against breast cancer.

You can participate in the Freschetta and Bright Pink The Strength of 1 campaign.  All you have to do is  share a story about how someone has made a difference; take The Strength of 1™ pledge on Facebook; or help spread the word on Twitter.

Disclosure:  I occasionally receive compensation in the form of products for posts. However, the opinions I share are solely my own.  Information was given to me by Freschetta through sheblogs.org.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love it when companies promote breast cancer awareness. Just wish more would do it!

    ReplyDelete