I never thought I'd be a "when I was a kid..." person. But, alas, I am. When I was a kid, I was able to walk into the corner store and buy a lottery ticket for my parents. When I was a kid, neighbors would come to the house and knock on the door to see if I could come outside to play. When I was a kid, I'd separate my bowl of Lucky Charms into oats and marshmallows. I'd eat the oats with milk for breakfast and take the marshmallows in a bag in my pocket to school. I'd snack on them at recess. I loved that they were harder than regular marshmallows. I liked the way they took a while to dissolve on my tongue.
Imagine my excitement when I received a box of retro Lucky Charms (and Cheerios) from General Mills and MyBlogSpark. Even though I rarely eat Lucky Charms anymore, I tore open the box. I wanted to see if the marshmallows were retro too. I was really hoping they'd be just like the ones I remembered. While the marshmallows weren't the single color pink hearts, blue diamonds, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers that I'd hoped to see, they still have the same texture. My taste buds have changed since the 80's, so I won't venture to guess if they taste the same, though they were good. Peanut, Pumpkin and Doc will vouch for that. :)
In addition to the cereal, I was also sent Parcheesi. Since I already have Clue, Risk, and Scrabble (the other retro games available at Target through this limited time promotion), it was a perfect fit! While we haven't had the opportunity to play it yet, I am definitely looking forward to our next family game night!
Now that I've taken my walk down memory lane, I know you want some retro cereal and games of your own. If you do, be sure to head to Target to pick up a box or two of Big G Retro cereal. Included inside the box is a coupon for $5 off the Vintage versions of Clue, Scrabble, Parcheesi or Risk. Be sure not to dilly dally. These products are only available for a short time.
Would you like a chance to win a prize pack just like the one I received? Here's what you have to do.
Optional Extra Entries:
- Follow me on Twitter. Post your username in the comments.
- Tweet about this giveaway using "Win a Retro Prize Pack! @rmgm #MyBlogSpark http://melissa987654321.blogspot.com/2013/04/general-mills-and-hasbro-go-retro.html." Post a link to your tweet here. This can be done once daily.
- Follow me publicly on Google Friend Connect and post a comment with your username.
- Like me on Facebook. Leave a comment with your Facebook name (or initials if you don't want to post your full name).
- Post about this giveaway publicly on Facebook. Make sure you include a link back here and @MomOnTheEdge so that I can see that I was mentioned. Post the link to your post here in the comments. This can also be done once daily.
- Leave a comment for each entry
- Only open to US residents
- Winner will be chosen using random.org
- Giveaway ends 11:59pm ET on April 17, 2013
- Include your email address in your mandatory comment if it is not available on your profile page.
- Winner will have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
- Prizes will be sent by the sponsor. I am not responsible for prizes that are lost or damaged in transit.
Disclosure: The prize pack, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.