Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What I Love Wednesday - Pretending to Sleep



Pumpkin likes her sleep.  She generally prefers to sleep about 11-12 hours each night.  However, sometimes it takes her a while to wind down from the day.  When I hear thumping coming from her room, it is usually a result of her tossing and turning (and kicking the wall in the process).  It makes me laugh when I go in to check on her after hearing her moving around and find her with her eyes closed, motionless, holding her breath, with the slightest hint of a smile on her lips.  She is always amazed that I can tell she's not really asleep.  I've not shared her "tells" with her yet.  Instead, I simply appreciate her innocence and probably fall asleep with a smile on my lips as well, amused and content with the family I'm blessed to call my own.

*Note - The picture is actually Peanut as a baby.  It is one of my favorite "sleep" pictures.  When I look at it, I can almost feel her sleeping on my chest and smell her baby smell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment