Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Paint Your Own Pottery with the Kids

As a non-artistic mom with two kiddos that love crafts I am always trying to come up with fun new ideas for them. (I'd prefer that these ideas include crafts that I won't be tempted to throw away. Yep - I'm the bad mom that throws away a good percentage of the art projects that come home from school on a daily basis. Seriously, those of you that keep them, where do you put them??? They would take over the house if I kept them all.) Anyway. . . recently, a nearby paint-your-own pottery studio offered a class for kids to make a Thanksgiving plate using their handprint. In addition to the handprint turkey, the kids were allowed to either paint freely or use stamps to create even more designs on their plates. The kids had a blast and the resulting plate is something I will treasure forever! So, if you are looking for a fun treasure to make for yourself or a gift (grandparents would LOVE this), then check out your local paint your own pottery place and see what you can find. It was actually so much fun that I want to go back without the kids and paint a serving platter for myself. Even though I lack artistic ability, I think I might be able to create something cute if I use stamps too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment