Friday, July 16, 2010

Funny Friday - Joke

According to most of my family and friends, I'm a huge dork.  I can't really argue with them.  I love science humor and nerdy jokes.  I get all giddy when the girls ask a question that can be answered by setting up an experiment.  I have often said to my science friends that you can take the girl out of science, but you can't take the science out of the girl.  Before staying home with my munchkins, I was a high school science teacher.  Each summer, I would find a research lab to work in.  I was fortunate enough to do research on birds and bacteria, cardiac muscle and mice, and the genetics of trees.  I'm actually thinking of going back to school, though I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up.  

So . . . I've decided to make Fridays on my blog "Funny Friday".  While some of you won't agree with what I think is funny, I'm still going to share.  This week I'm beginning with a joke (found on Jupiter Scientific) - 

Q: What do chemists call a benzene ring with iron atoms replacing the carbon atoms?
A: A ferrous wheel

     Fe   -   Fe
  /                  \
Fe               Fe
  \                 /
    Fe   -   Fe


Since my girls rode a Ferris Wheel for the first time this year, it just seemed appropriate!

Feel free to share your (appropriate) jokes here too!  (Please remember that this is a family-friendly blog!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment