Sunday, July 25, 2010

My waterslide quest continues . . .

For those of you that know me, you are well aware that I am rather frugal.  I don't like to spend money on myself, and only buy "treats" for the girls if they are on sale well below retail.  I love to find great deals on items that we'd love to have.  In 2006, I found a small 8x8 bounce house at our local KBToys when it was going out of business.  It only cost around $30 and has been worth that 10 times over.  In 2007 I found a PowerWheels Jeep Hurricane for my nephew for only $80 from Linens N Things.  In retrospect I should have gotten one for the girls too.   I love the after Christmas sales, the summer clearance sales, and just about any other bargain I can find.

For the past 3 years I've been searching and waiting for a great deal on a large inflatable water slide.  You can see here why I think we need one.  Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck yet.  Living in a small town, the stores we do have don't carry large amounts of inventory that they need to clear out.   We have to drive quite a distance to larger stores and by the time we get there, others have already purchased the items we were hoping to find.  I've recently decided that my best shot at a reasonable price might be to win one from a kind blogger like J Leigh Designz and a great company like BounceHousesNow.  If I do get lucky and win, I'd only have to pay the taxes on the slide. 

Please wish me luck.  I know I'll have my fingers and toes crossed until her giveaway ends on August 23.  You might even want to head over there yourself and try your luck.  If you win though, you have to at least invite us over to play.  This slide looks like so much fun!

*Disclaimer:  I wrote this post in order to get 2 extra entries into J Leigh Designz BounceHousesNow giveaway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment