Friday, November 12, 2010

The Holidays are Coming! - Fitness Friday is Back

Yeah, I know, it has been a while since I've updated anything about my fitness. Please don't yell at me though (that is actually why I quit doing my Wii Fit . . . I didn't like the way it "talked" to me when I missed too many days). Well, I've reached my breaking point again. The point where I have to adjust the waist of my pants when I sit so that it is either above or below my stomach or I'm just not comfortable. I am pleased to say that I am not back where I was when I first did the Power 90 program. So, that's something, right?

If you're the devil on my shoulder, I know what you're thinking. "Why start now, right before the holidays? It will be hard to be good with all the comfort food and baked goods that people will be serving. How will you get through the holidays with family without a drink or two? Why don't you just wait for a new start to the new year?" I've been thinking all those things myself. However, my thought is this - If I can just be good and aware of my decisions during the holidays then I hope not to gain weight. If I lose some, even better! Don't you worry, I will be tasting a bite or two of my faves, and indulging in a drink or two as well (I'm not crazy!).

I decided to start this program this week, so I'm officially on Day 5. Here are the changes I've made:
  • Water Only 
  • Making smarter choices - Okay, I'm not perfect and my family (as much as I love them) doesn't help.  I will eat pizza - though not as many slices.  I will not finish the leftovers on Peanut and Pumpkin's plates (Curses to whomever it was that brainwashed me with the importance of the clean plate club and eating all my food because there are starving children elsewhere!)
  • Exercise - Here's the deal:  I don't really like to exercise.  I like to play sports.  I like team activities.  I have a short attention span.  I get bored really easily.  I live in a small town with very little opportunity for organized physical fitness.  Knowing all that information about myself, I will exercise.  I will put it on my schedule.  In fact, so far I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  In 30 days, I'll let you know what I think.
So, wish me luck!  If you'd like to join me on my journey to get in better shape and make healthier decisions, let me know.  I definitely do better work when someone is holding me accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Good for you! I need to join ya on the fitness train... I'm such a slacker!! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete