Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series

As I've mentioned before, I read and enjoy a wide variety of books. A friend of mine recently got me hooked on Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series. (This is the same friend that introduced me to The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer.) In fact, I just finished the 7th, and most recent in the Series, "Shades of Midnight" and can't wait for the next book to be released this fall. Lara's books are a very quick and easy read. I can generally finish one within a day or two of only reading at night after the munchkins go to bed. I love how she is able to focus each book on two characters, one member of The Order and one Breedmate, while maintaining the overall story that links each of the books together. I believe that these books are listed under the genre Paranormal Romance, and while there are definitely some "romance" scenes in these books, it isn't so overwhelming that you would be embarrassed to pass it on to family and friends. In fact, I recommended them to my mother after I finished with them. If you are looking for an awesome easy escape read for a day at the beach, a plane trip, or a weekend at home, then I definitely recommend that you check out this series.

Additional information from http://www.laraadrian.com/series.php

"Part human, part otherworldly, the Breed has lived among humankind for thousands of years, maintaining a tentative peace built on secrecy, power, and the dark justice carried out by the formidable warriors of the Order.

But now, a blood war within the race is set to ignite. Vampires are going Rogue in startling numbers, feeding without discretion, killing humans in the streets. It is up to the Order to stop the spreading threat of Rogue domination--and in so doing, each of the warriors will be forced to confront private demons, darkest secrets, deepest fears. Some will know triumph, some will know loss, but each warrior can count on one thing: Love, when it finds him, will often come at the worst possible moment, with the least likely woman . . . and it will bring each of these powerful males to his knees."


*I was not given any product nor compensation for this review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment