Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A lazy day

Yesterday, the sky was overcast and gray.  You could see that the rain was just waiting for the perfect moment to fall.  The lake was still.  It looked like you could put your ice skates on and glide across it with ease.   The girls and I waited all day for the guys to come and finish our kitchen.   I had waited to exercise, waited to shower, waited to run all our errands so that I would be available when they finally did show up - which they never did.  They were supposed to arrive at 8:30 am, but by 1:00 pm there was still no sign of them.  So, I put Peanut in her room and told her to rest quietly for 1/2 hour.  I put Pumpkin in her room and said prayers with her hoping for at least a short 45 minute nap.   It ended up being an amazing afternoon.  Pumpkin slept from 1 until 4 and woke up refreshed, renewed, and much happier than she'd been in weeks!  Peanut came out after 1/2 hour.   We sat in our favorite comfy chair and read a book together.  Then, we fell asleep while cuddling in that chair.  I slept for 20 minutes and she for about 45.   It was reminiscent of when the girls were just babies.   I remember holding them while they slept.  Knowing I should put them down in their cribs, but enjoying the sound of their breathing so much that I couldn't.   While the day was not what I had planned, it is a day that I will always cherish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment