I don't know if any of you have noticed the pictures that I put up here, but the quality isn't very good. I'm currently using a HP photosmart 635 2.1MP 12x zoom. I know what you're probably thinking - they haven't made that for years! You're right. I got it in the early 2000s, before the birth of Peanut, but after I started my job. It was a great deal and I really did love it. It took "good" pictures and was VERY easy to use. When I was teaching, I let my kids use it for school projects and never worried about them breaking it. After I had my girls I could make it work, even with exhausted mommy brain. It was a good camera.
The usefulness of my HP 635 has now passed. I need something more compact with better resolution and perhaps a little more functionality. I can handle a little more complexity, but it still must be generally user friendly. I want a camera that is small enough to take anywhere, but durable enough to withstand a few short falls. I'm thinking that it can't be more than 4 feet from my kids' hands to the ground, right?
In a dream world I'd be able to find a tiny little keychain camera with good resolution. I can't even count the number of times I've seen something unexpectedly picture worthy when out and about and without a camera (No, I don't have a cell phone camera. As a SAHM I don't use my cell phone often enough to warrant a monthly fee, so I have a prepaid plan and a basic flip phone.) Also, there are so many times that I intend to bring my camera and just forget. Wouldn't it be handy to always have one with me?!
So, I'm open-minded and need your help. Please - does anyone have a camera that they just love and couldn't imagine life without? Let me know what you have. Be sure to tell me why you love it as well as if there is anything you would change about it. I'd love a direct link to the camera as well. Just for helping me out, I will give one lucky person a small gift card.
- One entry per person for telling me about a camera that you love. If you don't have a camera that you love, then you can get an entry for sharing this post with your friends on twitter, or on your own blog. You'll just need to post a link to the tweet or post.
- I will draw a winner using random.org
- Please include your email address if it is not publicly available
- I will keep this giveaway open for at least a week, but not more than one month. I will close it once I have a suitable number of camera alternatives to investigate.
- This giveaway is not sponsored by anyone other than MomOnTheEdge. I have several low value gift cards to places like Amazon, Starbucks, CVS, Walmart, and Staples that I have received as rebates, for surveys, and as gifts. At the close of the contest I will give the winner the option of choosing one of the gift cards I have available.
- I will be responsible for shipping or emailing the gift card, but am not responsible for any lost or damaged mail.