Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday - The Occasional Nap

I really wish I had a picture for you, but I'm not crazy!  There is no way I'm going into Pumpkin's room and risking waking her up, just so you can see how adorable she is when she naps.   Instead, you'll just have to close your eyes and imagine you're looking at your kiddos while they are sleeping (or if you're reading this late at night you can just go in and peek at them).   If your kids are older and no longer at home, you'll have to see how good your memory is.  If you don't yet have kids, just wait . . . I'm confident that you'll be smitten by their angelic sleeping faces with their cheeks all squished and their mouths hanging open.  Seriously, it doesn't sound attractive, but it might just be the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

Pumpkin is 4, almost 5, and she rarely naps anymore.  I can tell when she really needs one though, and today was definitely one of those days.  After lunch, we crawled up to the top bunk and said prayers.  After prayers I rubbed her back for a bit while she relaxed and fell asleep.  Did I need to rub her back?  Nope!  She falls asleep just fine on her own.  Did I need to stay in her room and just watch her sleep for a while?  YES!  My babies are growing up fast and I want to cherish the memories of their napping faces, their spontaneous hugs, and their unadulterated joy.  I am thankful for all the little things that won't last forever, especially the occasional nap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment