Thursday, August 19, 2010

A quick trip to Sam's for back to school

Today I did some intense back to school shopping.  I was prepared with my lists of supplies, snacks, and a few grocery items.  The first stop on my list was Sam's Club.  The main purpose of my trip to Sam's was to get snacks for Peanut's school lunches.   While I was there though, I needed to pick up my upgraded Plus card (thanks to myblogspark, General Mills, and Sam's Club).   I just have to say that the people at the membership desk couldn't have been nicer.  They upgraded my card, told me about all the benefits, and even walked me over to the computer to print off my list of preloaded coupons.  While I didn't use any of the coupons today, there were definitely some good ones on there that will get used.  I'll update you all later as the year goes on to let you know if I think the Plus membership is really worth the extra money or not.  When I got a chance to look around for the items on my list, I was thrilled to see my favorite snacks with bonus box tops.  Peanut will be thrilled to find Chex Mix in her lunch on the first day of school!


After my trip to Sam's Club I headed to Target (followed by ToysRUs and Staples) to pick up the last of the school supplies.  As I searched futilely for Crayola Tropical markers and a 10 pack of pencils (Target only carried, 8, 12 or 24 count).  I remembered an email that a dear friend sent me last year that fairly accurately describes how I am feeling after my shopping expedition.  You'll have to wait for tomorrow's Funny Friday post to read all about it though.  Just so you know - I ended up paying almost $6 to order an 8 pack of those stinkin' markers online.  :o(  Hopefully they'll arrive in time for school.

*REMINDER: Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a Sam's Club GC from MyBlogSpark, General Mills and Sam's Club here

*Disclaimer:  Through MyBlogSpark, General Mills and Sam's Club have generously provided me with an upgrade to my membership, a $25 gift card, and some of the information provided above.  They will also be sending my winner their Sam's Club gift card.  All opinions are my own.  Others may have different experiences.

2 comments:

  1. The dude is only 2, but I've heard from other mamas that the school lists keep getting crazier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't imagine it can get worse. Here's hoping it doesn't. (I'm fine living in denial for a while!)

    ReplyDelete