Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday - A Walk with a Friend

Last night, my neighbor and I walked approximately 6 miles together.  Whenever she is around and Doc is here to watch Peanut and Pumpkin, we make an effort to go.
  • Is 6 miles a huge distance?  No
  • Did we walk in record time?  No
  • Did I burn enough calories to make up for those no bake cookies I ate?  No
However, even with all those "no"s and the massive number of bugs that found their way down my shirt, I am grateful to have walked.  A walk with a friend is beneficial for me in so many ways:
  • I feel good about myself - that I took the time out to exercise.
  • We talk about everything and nothing.  It is downright therapeutic.
  • It is an escape from the norm.  When I'm home with my monkeys I'm always a mom first.  When I'm walking, no one interrupts me.  When I'm walking, I'm actually me again . . . if only for an hour. 

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to get some exercise, especially with a friend. I really need to get into the habit of exercising again.

    ReplyDelete