Monday, March 10, 2014

17 Reasons I'm Lucky - Day 10


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, and simply because I'm feeling blessed lately, I've decided to do 17 days of posts.  Each post will include one reason that I feel lucky.  Hopefully, you can think of at least 17 reasons why you're lucky too.  Please feel free to share your reasons, because sometimes it just feels nice to be able to brag a bit.

May the luck of the Irish be with you this March, and beyond.


I don't know if it makes me lucky, or dishonest, but my kids think that you're supposed to eat apple slices while watching a movie.  :)
From the time my kids were small, I've always given them apple slices when we sit down to watch a movie at home.  Apples are crunchy, yummy, and healthy, so they seem like a perfect fit.  It wasn't until friends were over that I realized how unique it was that my kids asked if they could have apples and watch a movie.  Their friends looked at them like they were crazy when they asked, but were happy to join in the apple crunching goodness themselves.  
Customs, habits, and traditions are easy to modify, eliminate or create when you have children.  They only know what they're taught, so I think I'm pretty lucky to have children that have so readily accepted some healthier habits. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment