Saturday, March 8, 2014

17 Reasons I'm Lucky - Day 8


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, and simply because I'm feeling blessed lately, I've decided to do 17 days of posts.  Each post will include one reason that I feel lucky.  Hopefully, you can think of at least 17 reasons why you're lucky too.  Please feel free to share your reasons, because sometimes it just feels nice to be able to brag a bit.

May the luck of the Irish be with you this March, and beyond.

I'm lucky that my parents encouraged my love of reading when I was young.
I love a good book.  Mystery, Romance, Historical Fiction, Nonfiction - I enjoy just about any genre.  A good book can be a great escape when actual travel isn't possible.  It gives the reader the opportunity to get inside the head of another character.  It allows the reader to develop a new appreciation for all that he/she has.  A book can provide inspiration, creativity, and ideas for getting the most out of your own life.  
I may not remember every detail of every book I've ever read, but I do know how books have made me feel.  The ability to read allows you to travel anywhere and do just about anything - between the pages of a book. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment