Wednesday, March 5, 2014

17 Reasons I'm Lucky - Day 5


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, and simply because I'm feeling blessed lately, I've decided to do 17 days of posts.  Each post will include one reason that I feel lucky.  Hopefully, you can think of at least 17 reasons why you're lucky too.  Please feel free to share your reasons, because sometimes it just feels nice to be able to brag a bit.

May the luck of the Irish be with you this March, and beyond.

I'm lucky to have such supportive family.

My sister lives about 1.5 hours away from us and has two children about the same age as Peanut and Pumpkin.  My parents live 3.5-4 hours away.  My in-laws live nearby, but they've just moved here recently.  

My kids are pretty active.  They play soccer, basketball, softball, and musical instruments.  They are always involved in camps, games, programs, and other activities.  I am always amazed and impressed at the number of events our family manages to attend.  In fact, I can't remember an event where there wasn't at least one person other than Doc and I in attendance.  With the girls being in 4th and 2nd grade, the games/programs aren't always overly exciting (particularly for non-parents).  Most of the programs they are involved with are essentially learning leagues.  It doesn't matter to our family.  They come to as many events as possible and cheer our girls on.  My children know that they are loved and supported whether they are the best, the worst, or somewhere in the middle.  

Love and Support - That makes me and my girls very lucky! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment