Tuesday, March 4, 2014

17 Reasons I'm Lucky - Day 4


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, and simply because I'm feeling blessed lately, I've decided to do 17 days of posts.  Each post will include one reason that I feel lucky.  Hopefully, you can think of at least 17 reasons why you're lucky too.  Please feel free to share your reasons, because sometimes it just feels nice to be able to brag a bit.

May the luck of the Irish be with you this March, and beyond.

I'm lucky that my children have kind and thoughtful friends.

For Valentine's Day this year, Pumpkin's teacher had the children each make one card for one classmate.  The children were all assigned a specific "friend" to make a card - to be sure that everyone received one.  The child that was supposed to make Pumpkin's card chose not to, so she didn't get one.  She came home a little upset, but she wasn't devastated.  The next day, she came home with a beautiful handwritten note and picture from one of her friends.  It said, "I'm sorry that you didn't receive a card." 

What a kind and thoughtful gesture!  What an amazing little girl! I am so blessed that my children have chosen friends that care about them and are considerate of their feelings.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment