Thursday, March 13, 2014

17 Reasons I'm Lucky - Day 13


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, and simply because I'm feeling blessed lately, I've decided to do 17 days of posts.  Each post will include one reason that I feel lucky.  Hopefully, you can think of at least 17 reasons why you're lucky too.  Please feel free to share your reasons, because sometimes it just feels nice to be able to brag a bit.

May the luck of the Irish be with you this March, and beyond.


I'm lucky to be able to volunteer at the school.
My kids are not at home for almost 8 hours every day.  I trust teachers and other responsible adults to help them to learn, care for them, and keep them safe.  While I generally believe that these adults have their best interest at heart, I still like to know what my kids are doing during the day.  I want to know who they're friends with.  I want to know that they are happy.  I want to know that they feel safe.  By volunteering at the school, I am able to get a small glimpse of what they do and how they interact during the part of the day when I can't be with them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment